Join the third PANTERA Regional Workshop “Green Islands as a driver for the Energy Transition – Going Renewable and Smart”
Save the date for the third PANTERA Regional Workshop “Green Islands as a driver for the Energy Transition – Going Renewable and Smart”
The regional workshop organised by the PANTERA project in Athens, will focus on the challenges and barriers, along with the best practices and future steps towards greening geographical islands and transforming them to 100% renewable energy systems with the support of technologies that enable their smart autonomous operation.
The workshop is structured around 5 keynote presentations from major stakeholders of the Greek Energy Market. Each keynote presentation will be combined with a facilitated Q&A/discussion. This will allow the anticipation of questions and generate active contributions to the workshop.
The workshop will close with an interactive session around the PANTERA platform addressing progress made, achievements, mode of working and delivering, expectations and current issues that are of interest to the participants to the workshop aiming advancements needed, rectification of problems and next steps.
- Research and Innovation Priorities for future Smart Island Energy Systems;
- European Commission (EC) R&I strategy, policy and trends;
- Local governance to enable the clean energy transition of Greek Islands;
- Interconnections in the energy transition: The case of Greek islands and the way forward;
- Social acceptance through collaboration: The emergence of Energy Communities;
- Digitalisation as an enabler for the energy transition
When: 13 February 2020, 9:00-17:40
Where: N.J.V ATHENS PLAZA HOTEL, Syntagma Square
Leof. Vasileos Georgiou 2, Athina 105 64, Greece