Join the Smart Grid Research Data PANTERA nano Workshop
What: Smart Grid Research Data PANTERA nano workshop
When: 22 February 2021
Where: Online (Zoom)
This webinar, in form of a nano workshop, addresses the theme of Smart Grid Research Data – how to share research data, ensure GDPR compliance, reduce the risk of divulging potential innovation insights, and related issues. The webinar focuses on “how different stakeholders such as governments, industry and local energy communities can share and organise their data respecting the privacy of users and citizens“.
The webinar is a part of the workshops and events of PANTERA project, which is a pan-European project aimed at setting up a forum composed of Research & Innovation stakeholders active in the fields of smart grids, including policymakers, standardisation bodies, and experts to remove the technical and policy-related barriers on the effective energy transition.
In collaboration with other platforms, PANTERA project aims to identify and address barriers and thus, support smart grid research and innovation in the EU. Research data sharing plays an important role in promoting these collaborations. This webinar aims to develop an understanding of how to access and share smart grid research data.
On the agenda
- Introduction (Facilitator Dr. Paula Carroll, UCD Energy Institute)
- Prof Eleni Mangina, UCD Energy Institute, “Why Machine Learning Needs data to unlock the potential of Smart Grids.”
- Jim Scheer, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, “Unlocking energy data to achieve decarbonisation targets.“ Experiences of accessing Smart Meter Data, case study of gas and electricity data usage, based on an example of 200 homes.
- Dr. Stephen Donoghue, UCD Energy Institute, “Commercial and Legal Difficulties for Data Sharing in Energy Markets”–Legal Aspects and Challenges; tips and advice; collaboration agreements
- Dr. Venizelos Efthymiou, FOSS, “PANTERA opportunities for data sharing via EIRIE platform”.
- Open Discussion – Next Steps.